Thursday, November 8, 2012

TSA Presentation question

How willing, if at all, would you be to wear such a bracelet in order to fly?

21 comments:

  1. Speaking skills- loud and clear to hear.

    Content- You obviously weren't prepared. You didn't go over the bracelet you're asking and I didn't understand what you were even presenting.

    Question- I don't know, because you weren't really specific about the bracelet we're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhmm i just dont know...i didnt practice or what not ... sorry guys!
    and i would not wear a bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chu: He did well, he was nervous but spoke loud. He shoud've given more detail but overall i liked it.

    Question: I would be willing to wear the bracelet because i know i would not threaten so, i would wear it. and i would feel for safe if everyone wore it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, You did ok, you were pretty nervous, and no note cards, but that's ok.
    I thought this was very intersesting and might even want to read the actual article.
    I think if we had such a bracelet to prvent terrorists, that in itself would be terrorism, and it might lead to racial discrimination. Who operates them anyway, and how do we know they arent going to just start shocking every arabic or other race person that walks through the doors?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking Skills: Alright. You lost your place a lot and you weren't prepared enough. Next time I would make some note cards, and just practice a little bit. Next time you should know a little more about what your presenting about, and then you would be prepared and able to give a good presentation.

    Content: Good. It was interesting and it kept me interested. You didn't do either of your topic sentences right though, next time you need to say the author of the article that you read. Other than that though you did a good job.

    Question: I think that it is a good idea and that it would be really effective. I would be willing, because it would help keep me and other people safe at air ports and protect us from terrorism.

    ReplyDelete
  6. speaking: You had no idea what you were talking about at all... you spoke loud but were all over the place in your thoughts.
    Content: your thoughts were all over the place but you did make good points.
    Question: I would not where a bracelet around the airport or in the plane with the possibility of it shocking me, what is there is a malfunction or i spill some water on it then what am a left with? Being shocked over and over and over again, yeah I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. speaking skills: You needed more practice. You didnt really do a response or summary, you just explained the bracelet.
    content: I couldnt understand where your response or summary were.
    question: I would not wear this bracelet, because it seems out of control. It seems like were being treated like animals or something... i mean you have to wear a tazer bracelet just to ride an airplane? I dont agree with that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1) You really werent prepared. You lost your place MANY times and said um and Im sorry.
    2)I still dont understand the electric anklet. How does it work? How is it activated? What's the point?
    3) I would never want to where such a anklet. I would much rather prefer a full-body pat-down than have the chance of electric shock. What is yours was broken and you didnt know it and it shocked you for no reason? I dont want to take that risk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well... you did o.k. overall, it would have helped if you made notecards. the information on your blog was great, it contained a lot of info.

    I would wear the bracelet because it would make flying safer to wear them,its not a very big deal to wear the bracelet, but some would freak out about it just to stir things up. if you dont do bad things on airplanes, whats to worry about?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Content: Your summary was good but I didn't hear much of a response. Speaking: You made eye contact and had good volume but didn't really know what you were talking about and looked back at he screen a couple of times. Question: I wouldn't want to wear a bracelet to fly because if some thing goes wrong or it malfunctions it could just start shocking people. It would also cost a lot and would waste a lot of the governments money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. speech:you did a good job with your volume, although you didn't really know what to say a lot of the time, you also got confused with what you were saying.
    Content: your content was really good, everything made since and was easy to follow, you also explained in your writhing and that was good.
    question: no, i wouldn't be okay with random people putting a taser on me

    ReplyDelete
  12. During your presentation you did a good job at speaking. I could hear you clearly. I think if you were a little more prepared you would have done even better. The content of your presentation was okay. You explained the information well, but it wasn't very organized.
    I don't think the bracelets are necessary for all people to wear on the plane. The shock sounds dangerous and there could be a lot of accidental shocks. The bracelet could also scare the passengers from wanting to travel. I think that TSA needs to find a different way to keep people safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Speaking Skills: You had a few pauses and stuttered a few times. You also looked at the board a couple of times.
    Content: You didn't give much info, but what you did give flowed somewhat, I understood it.
    Answer: I wouldn't really be willing to wear an ankle bracelet like that, I feel like it would be very uncomfortable for people so I oppose the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you did good for not having notecards and i liked how you were like saying things. on thne other hand you could have done better by making notecards. i wouldnt like to wear that ankle braclet caus i think it kinda violates my rights.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Speaking- you were a little unorganized and fumbled over your thoughts. Next time try to write down the most important things on a note card. I know you didn't have time but you could've reviewed your info when you came in. Also, I don't think you put your opinion in it very much. You spoke loud enough for everyone to hear and made good eye contact.

    Content- You were a little unclear about the ankle bracelets but you cleared it up at the end. I like your topic, it was very interesting especially because it is something I can relate to because I travel a lot.

    Question- I'm surprised there weren't more people that didn't want to wear the bracelet. I think it would not be conferrable and a hassle overall so I wouldn't want to wear it.
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Speaking: It was okay until you got lost and weren't really sure of where you were going with your presentation.
    Content: It was good but it could have been better if you had known the facts.
    Question:I wouldn't really be willing to wear it just in case it malfunctioned and started shocking everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your speaking skills needs improvement because you didn't lead us to what we needed to know about the article. Your content from what it seems up on the board was good but still I think that you came unprepared form this presentation.

    Question: No, I don't really want to have an ankle bracelet on me because it makes me feel that they don't trust us and what if the bracelet is broken and shocks you to death?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Speaking Skills: You didnt good as good as you could have you had t restart the presentation and you did not explain much and you slurred a lot.

    Content: Your content was good about the TSA and what they are "trying" to help.

    Question: I would not fly at all because there is no point in it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Speaking skills: You did good, but you studdred a lot, and you seemed lost, but your volume was good and you made eye contact.

    Content: You seemed really really lost and had to look back at the screen several times to help you out, and you didn't really explain how the bracelet worked or why people even invented it, and it seemed like you didn't really have a response.

    Question: I would not be at all willing to wear a bracelet that may shock me, yeah it may be safer but not much safer than metal detector.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did really good :) you seemed nervous, but that's okay cause I was too I read through your content and it was really good so continue writing the way you do, but it may have been a god idea to come more prepared. I would not mind wearing a bracelet because i'm not crazy. However, it would take up a lot of time to give everyone a bracelet to wear when boarding a plane and make everyone take one off. I don't think those bracelets would be necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Speaking Skills: Although you didn't have time to make note cards, it seemed like you remembered most of the presentation. You looked at the screen a little too much, but I understand that you were tired and crashes, that has happened to me before while doing homework! Next time, work on not saying um and go into more detail about the article but overall good job.

    Content: I Could tell that you put time and effort into writing your PLN, but you should have spent more time on preparing for your presentation. The writing itself though was well written and detailed.

    Question: I think having that bracelet would scare me. Even though I am not a terrorist, I would be worried that it would accidentally shock me!

    ReplyDelete